It's not done yet, but over this last weekend and into this week, the hobbitling room has finally become safe and liveable for small hobbits. Here's the room on Saturday after priming.

And here it is Sunday night after the first coat of paint.

And here's the Mayor's helper. I told him that they were "foam paint brushes" and showed him how to paint the door of the car. When I handed him the second brush and said, "TWO brushes!" he looked puzzled and then stuck it in his mouth. "Brush teeth?" he asked.

And here's the room with the final coat of paint and the new floor. As soon as I let him loose, he grabbed a screwdriver and tried to stick it in an outlet. In his defense, he had just watched me install all the covers with the screwdriver. Outlet plugs are now installed.

Door and window trim, baseboard, and crown moulding have yet to be added, but for now the little hobbitling is enjoying running around his room. This photo caught him as he rounded the crib to start another lap around the room. "Blue wall" and "new floor" are new vocabulary words.
